Tire Date Code Info Needed Barn Find

Ovalrace25

Just cleaning up my "Barn Find" and am trying to figure out how long these cars were in there and how long since they got new shoes..

This example is a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 with BF Goodrich radial T/A's. The odometer reads 38000 miles. The car LOOKS like maybe that is true miles.

We think the cars have been in storage for 12 years...... All were part of a private collection of cars seldom driven..... So, low miles are possible.

Here are the BF Goodrich codes: BER9 XM1086

The next car is a 1976 Eldorado. There were letters and documnets in the glovebox that back up the 26,000 miles on the odometer. Uniroyal LR78 - 15 tires.

The date codes of these tires are AJV4 DHO79

YES, I have removed and replaced ALL the tires.

If I remember correctly, 079 is the date code, so it would be the seventh week of 2009,1999,1989, or 1979. Ed

Ed, yes, I agree that the last mumber is the year. But narrowing it down to 1979 1989 1999 is what I hoped to do..

The Cadillac is a 76, but only the spare has a code ending with a 6... Kind of strange that the car got new shoes in 79. Records show the car was sold a little later. Wonder if it sat and the orignals got flat spots... Could be the answer right there on that one...