1927 dodge brothers 4dr. sedan

Guest JohnAAA

Guest JohnAAA

Hi to all...

Im a new user of your cool site and im interested in meeting & chating with others that have the same interests--dodge brothers cars...

I just purchased a 1927 db 4dr. sedan and want to share our expereince with others and hopefully we can learn from others on how to care for and maintain our car to then pass it on to our grand kids.

i wanted to add a couple of pic's but im still not sure about how to add pic's from our url..address. sorry im tring...

i am looking for:

1) a wiper motor .

2) parts source for running board covering material and floor covering.

3) packing for shaft on water pump.

4) maybe a color chart (most seemed to be black)this one is painted light grey.

5) radiator cap (there seems to be a lot of different ones).

Thanks to all :D

Guest R-ajax peterson

Welcome! How exciting for you and yours. Truth be known ..many of us here, if not all, are just as stoked. Can't wait to see some pics. Kieser31, probably the #1 good guy, will help you if needed. Think of the history that your car has witnessed and the future days ahead.

Rick

Guest JohnAAA

ok lets try this again;

the title for the 1927 db 4dr. sedan is serial #A905,582

the car has a stamped# on the fire wall right side #40147 the first #4 is hard to see, it looks like it was double stamped.

the motor stamp is on the left rear side of block #D979,768

with the distributor on the right side on top of head.

the head has a casted #A32801 & #13125 or 13126..its hard to see

also theres a motor on ground with block #B759,373 or 873 again hard to see.

with the distributor on the left side lower on block...

OK hope uins have info. that would help...thanks to all.

Guest JohnAAA

thanks for the reply keiser31...

I'm a little confused...so many #'s and still not sure.

thanks so much...

thanks for the reply keiser31...

I'm a little confused...so many #'s and still not sure.

thanks so much...

O.K....you say your serial number is "A905582". In the paragraph about I.D...look for "Second series (124) serial numbers were A875380 to A934104". Yours falls within those numbers. So you have a 1927 Second series 124 Dodge Brothers standard sedan. It is the one seen at the bottom of the chart which says 5 passenger sedan.

post-37352-143138595675_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Backyardmechanic

With a 5 main bearing This engine is sometimes called the Fast four engine.

You May call us (ROMAR) toll free at 888-827-7601 for all your parts and a FREE catalog.

Vern

Guest JohnAAA

ok..im sorry.. i do completly understand the chart...i have figured out the simplisity of the chart. the motor is not the right one (i think)

Even though the title shows serial#A905582 I cant find that # on the car anywhere...

Should that be a concern ?

maybe wrong title or maybe lots of different part and the #'s dosnt matter...

thats were my confusion come in...

thanks again to all

ok..im sorry.. i do completly understand the chart...i have figured out the simplisity of the chart. the motor is not the right one (i think)

Even though the title shows serial#A905582 I cant find that # on the car anywhere...

Should that be a concern ?

maybe wrong title or maybe lots of different part and the #'s dosnt matter...

thats were my confusion come in...

thanks again to all

There should either be a plate attached to the floorboard or, if not, you can look on the frame cross member right under the driver/passenger seat, I believe.

Guest JohnAAA

when i looked under the car today i saw no cross member(s) under the driver/passenger seat.

The floor boards were replaced with rough cut wood and then poly coated clear.

I tried under the toe kick area and under the the dash, behind the dash and on the front of the dash.

I thought that like newer cars that the engine code and the body code would b the same?

The car was titled in ill. and then retitled to ind. so there must have been some #'s to go by??

John

Guest JohnAAA

thanks for the info. I have a punch set..but ...would like to find the old true ###'s

goodnight guys im going to drive in my sleep.. :-)

Guest JohnAAA

Thanks Dave..as i looked through the list of [4 cylinder models-production dates by serial ##'s-- I see that our serial #A905,582 falls in the dates of May 14, 1927..it lists the 124 series--116 w.b. 4 point engine with engine start #D950,000-

ours is showing D979,768..that seems to b close enough to the #'s to possibly b correct, but its not listed as a fast four until 1928 series that starts with serial #A930,634..

So,,,is it a fast(est) four ??

Ours has the distributor on the right side on top of block..

Again Thanks to all for all information :-)

John...

Nope. Serial number is located on the side of the passenger frame rail just above the right front spring rear shackle. 124 models are 1927's built in the last 3 months or so of the 27 productions. They used the old 116" WB chassis with rear brakes only and the so called "Fast Four" engine which was carried over into 1928 in the new 128/129 cars which are completely different except for the engine. 128/129 was a shorter chassis, very similar car to the Standard Six. 124's still used the old classic DB style fenders, etc, like nearly all previous models. DB never actually called any of their cars "Fast Fours", it was a phrase coined by the public, possibly in reference to Dodge's ad slogan "Fastest Four in America".

Edited by dwollam (see edit history)

Guest JohnAAA

ok thanks dwollan...

does it matter that the distributor is on right side top of head (to b concidered a fast four)or was it on the left lower side(to b a fast four).

Hopefully uins understand that im a newbee at these cars so im very inquisitive.

only want to understand what im getting in too.

And may i say that i've learned more in the last couple of days about these cars than even my 87 yrs. young dad can tell me..

John...

Edited by JohnAAA (see edit history)

Yes, that is the so called Fast Four engine, which is correct in a 1927 124 model. Same engine as used in the 1928 128/129 4 cyl cars, but as I said earlier that is the only thing that is the same. I have 2 1927 124 Roadsters with the same engine. I would love to see more pictures of your car and would be happy to provide any info I can. Looks like a nice car.