Greetings from Indiana...and a question...

Guest zim64

Guest zim64

Hello all,

A fellow Ford Barner suggested I join this board after my post on the Model A Forums. I've already enjoyed reading posts from the forums here. I've been piecing together a '30-'31 Model A Wagon project for a couple of years. It's been fun just driving the chassis during that time. My current focus is cowl parts.

Currently, I have a good firewall, fuel tank, plus cowl sides with full posts and a dash rail on their way. I thought I had a correct windshield frame, but recently learned it's not a Model A piece. I'm hoping someone on this site can help ID the frame so I could use it as trading stock.

The frame is very solid and is held together at the top with two tube and screw connectors on each corner. Those have been removed, along with the remains of the windshield glass. The swing arms are there, but three of the four screws twisted off. The pictures below show the overall frame, width, height and the ends, and height at the center. I will gladly provide more pictures if needed.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and for any help.

zim64

CIMG4146.jpg

CIMG4148.jpg

CIMG4149.jpg

CIMG4150.jpg

Hello,Frank and welcome to AACA forums. I used to get on the Fordbarn forums until I found these last year. As you can see I'm over 1300 posts in that time . I still go back occasionally as I have 3 Model As but I like the discussions of all cars,Plus I've been an AACA member for some 34 years.

About your windshield, I think Model As and all their contemporaries' windshields were narrower on the bottom. In other words,the side members tapered inwards slightly at the bottom whereas yours has paralell side members. This is just a guess but it could be from some aftermarket body,like from an independent truck or depot hack builder

Guest zim64

Thanks, Dave. I really like these forums too. You're right about my frame being "squared" rather than tapered. Hopefully, I can use it as trading stock for the correct Model A windshield.

zim64