WTB - 1923 (or earlier that fit) Rear Wheel Outer Hubs for 6 Cylinder Car

Brian_Heil

Looking for a pair of Outer Hubs (has six bolt holes and accepts the tapered drive shafts, also this is what the hub cap screws on to). Willing to buy an entire rear axle if required. Note, 4 cylinder hubs won't fit and I believe this part sevices back for several years prior to 1923 but changed for 1924.

I tow my vehicle on a dolly (slowly) and a pair of hubs with no drive shafts will allow me to tow without the axle and diveshaft rotating. Once at my destination, I can install the current hub/shaft assemblies in minutes.

Contact me by email please.

Thanks!

Mark, I agree.

Problem is, I no longer have anything large enough to pull a full size trailer nor anywhere to store a full size trailer (at least not without significant storage fees). I have a need to haul my 88 year old father and the Buick to local events and he can't get in and out of the Buick without significant effort any longer. Driving him sepparate requires a second driver. So a dolly works for us, either that or one of those old Hertz commercials where he lands in the seat.

Perfect weather here, Crissie and I went on a 4 hour country lane drive yesterday in the Buick (no tow dolly (ha!)). Did the VMCCA Central Nickel Age Tour week before last 'on the edge' between Ohio and Pennsylvania, great time, great people, Buick went 620 miles and never missed a beat (even in two days of rain).

Yesterday I saw a tow bar at a yard sale for only $150. This was the type that bolts to the frame of the towed vehicle that rides with all four wheels on the ground. You typically see these behind motorhomes that are towing small modern cars....

Nice to hear from you Larry.

I wish I had something to tow a real trailer with, but I don't, hence the dolly, so no need for trailer storage. It's pretty slick how the dolly fits under my rear patio deck out of sight. Even the wife didn't know it was there.

Car show in Pontiac at GMPT HQ this Friday. They shut the whole parking lot down. The poor folks without a 'show' car have to walk from Timbuktu so driving the Buick I can park right by the door for once. (As broad as this list readership goes, I'll get a reply from some chap in Timbuktu asking about the show!)

Send me an email on the hubs, I'm most interested.

How's retirement? (Sorry, had to ask since I know you are still working!)