1988 Parts

Thriller

Hi gang,

To pass the Manitoba inspection, I need:

1) a front wheel speed sensor (sigh) - RockAuto lists a part, but apparently it is rear only

2) switch for driver's window...it is intermittent and will work if you hold your tongue right and the wind is blowing the right direction

Are there any new parts out there? Failing that, used? I'm always leery of used electrical parts.

Thanks.

Derek,

I did give the letters and emblem to Fred on Saturday.

I have a front WSS and a window switch. I will send you an email with some pictures and if you are interested I can send them to Fred and he can send me a check.

If you need them before you leave there might be a problem with the Canada Post strike. I believe Express Mail is still going to Canada but shipping that way is about $ 65.

Jim

ABS wheel speed sensors are getting to be a real issue. I would like to have a spare rear so periodically I have Google search for a Raybestos ABS530079 which is the only one listed. Again Tuesday I got a hit, was shown to be "In Stock" but when I placed the order it was cancelled because they could not find any.

The fronts have two suppliers (Raybestos ABS530067 and SMP ALS490 but none of those are available either.

I have seen the rong listing before so always look for a picture if not the above part numbers. I keep meaning to go through all of the sensors at the SMC site since it has good pictures looking for a match.

BTW the sensors are the same, 1988-1990 but SMP only lists for the 90. Similarly I suspect the SMP ALS1356 may be the rear wheel sensor. Can anyone say whether the below is the right connector for a rear sensor (mount hole 180 degrees (opposite) the cable ?

post-31022-143138577349_thumb.jpg