FS - 1949 Special - VERY ORIGINAL

Guest Special_49

Guest Special_49

This car is extremely original and runs great. It has 47K original miles on it and still has the original paint, interior, straight 8 engine, 3 speed manual transmission, and US Royal spare tire. I also have the original purchase order showing that it was purchased from E. M. Christensen Chevrolet-Buick in Harlan, Iowa on December 16, 1948 by two sisters named Lelia and Pearl Buss. I also have some other original paperwork as well as a binder full of other interesting items. It was featured on the cover of the August 2010 "Buick Bugle" magazine which is the monthly publication of the Buick Club of America. There is also a 4 page article on it in that issue. I drive the car almost every day when the weather is nice. It always draws a crowd at car shows as well as gas stations, store parking lots, etc. The car was a "barn find" in 2005. I even have a picture of the barn in Iowa where it sat since 1975. Last December I emailed some pictures of it along with some info about it to the local newspaper in Harlan, Iowa and they ran a story on it. They included my email address in the article and I heard from at least a dozen people from the Harlan area who were familiar with the Buss sisters, the dealer where it was sold, or the local Mobil station in Harlan that worked on it over the years. (There was a keychain that came with the car with the names of the two brothers who ran the station. I heard from a son of each of them plus some others who worked there back in the 50s and 60s.) I have a 3 ring binder full of emails and pictures that people in the Harlan, Iowa area sent me which will be included with the car. Anyway, the car has a set of original plaid seat covers on it from the 60s which I just installed a couple of months ago. Most everything on the car works-lights, horn, wipers, speedometer & odometer and turn signals (the lever is on the RIGHT side of the steering column). To start it you press down on the gas pedal and there's a button under it which starts it. All the glass is good with no cracks or chips. The gas tank has been removed and cleaned. It's a lot of fun to drive and it attracts a lot of attention. It was appraised last year at $14,000 but I'd like to sell it quickly if possible so I have it priced at $7900 firm so if you want to check it out call Dave at 502-767-7773 before 9 PM. Feel free to email me at dave314 at bellsouth.net for more pictures and info.

post-70133-143138566179_thumb.jpg

post-70133-143138566183_thumb.jpg

post-70133-143138566185_thumb.jpg

post-70133-143138566188_thumb.jpg

post-70133-14313856619_thumb.jpg

post-70133-143138566192_thumb.jpg

post-70133-143138566195_thumb.jpg

post-70133-143138566445_thumb.jpg

post-70133-143138566447_thumb.jpg

post-70133-143138566449_thumb.jpg

Edited by Special_49 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, I never did. When I had a couple of hundred pounds of birdseed in the trunk the gauge moved back and forth but when the trunk is empty it stays just above empty. I just fill the tank every hundred miles and don't worry about it....

• 2 weeks later...

The buyer lives in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee so it's a little closer to Texas now. The old guy (from Texas) that I bought it from said he bought it from someone in Florida but several other things he told me about the car weren't exactly accurate either. This is the LAST car I'll ever buy without seeing it first. I've purchased several other old cars sight unseen before and the sellers were pretty accurate when they described them but this seller unfortunately wasn't.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited by Lebowski (see edit history)