1961 Lincoln Convertible Inquiry

Guest BJM

Hi

I am looking at a #5 + condition (poor shape) 61 Lincoln Continental convertible for sale. I see they made 2870 of them and production of the convertibles ran about this much through the production run.

If any one owns one, I would like to hear about owning it, problems, issues, scarcity of parts, etc.

Thanks

Beautiful gas hog .....I had a hardtop..electrcal mess from prior owner..lots

of wiring to age..relays solonoids hydraulics etc.. These cars were adult owned from new and seem to have survived in great numbers.. Chk on LCOC websight, they are very popular with those folks.. They utilize t-bird top systems/ retractable ... Wonderful road car on premium fuel at 8 mpg maybe 430 v-8 Put on your JFK raybans, put Dean or Frank on the radio...coast off into the sunset...sweet!

I have owned two of them and 6 other slab side Lincolns. The 61s are special and have a bit more collector interest due to the first year and the unique T-bird style grille. You say it is a #5 condition, I hope the top works and it drives. Parts are fairly easy to come by, and a lot is shared with the 62s and 63s. You will get a lot more advice from the Lincoln forum .net as the slab sided 61-69 Lincolns are what most of their forum is about.

Thanks. I'll go try that Lincoln forum. I have to bid this weekend or not....

It's a non running car located in a salvage yard in Minnesota. It would be a 6 if it was wrecked but appears straight.

Non running. As for the gas mileage, it is understood that mileage will be poor.