fuel filter

RivVrgn

1965-Buick-425-Super-Wildcat-C1314-0102.jpg I thought I'd use Rob J's picture for reference porposes. Can you still get a fuel filter like this one? I've seen blue ones repop but not the silver ones. This is what I took off of my car. Hate those cheap generic ones. If nothing else does anyone know a part number? Or did the blue one take it's place? It's around 40 bucks. Tried cross referencing with other GM but no luck so far. Any help?

Thanks, Joey #12735

Most of the ones I've found are the bare aluminum. But, the old part number isn't like the one in the picture. The newer ones have a crimp that runs around the diameter of the filter and the filters are narrower. They don't fit in the clamp well, too small, and you I don't like clamping around the crimp. I usually try to find a thin piece of rubber, like from a bicycle inner tube, and wrap it around the filter where I want to clamp it.

But, if yours is blue and it says AC and has the correct part number on it, no one should be able to wave a finger at you. The AC oil filter is probably blue as well.

Ed