King Sealy Hydrostatic Gas Gauge

I am looking for a sending unit as well as the guage/guage parts for a 1928 GE Dictator 6. This would be a white face guage. I know there is a guy on ebay that does the fluid, lines, backing plate, sitre galss, etc. but he doesn't have the mounting parts or guage face and I also may well need a sending usit as mine appears to be shot. The sending unit is also critical as the fuel for the car runs through that sending unit as well. Thanks! Keith

Guest studepeople

Sir you say the unit appears shot ? Take the unit and put it in some carb cleaner over night. Be careful as not to damage any futher. With patients you can solder the unit back together as these will be very hard to come by. Hang in there. I did this on my 1931 President and it works great.

Thank you Stude 8 again for your help. This will be where I need to go. Oldford, I am interested in the faceplate. i f you could post a pic, I would appreciate it. I am restoring some pictures to my hard drive tonight and I will post a pic of my dashboard as well, so we might be able to match it up. Studepeople, Yes we will be very carefull with the unit as it is all we have, and minimally will need to salvage the unit if anything for its use in getting gas from the tank to the fuel line. We are going to clean it thoroughly and we'll see better what we're dealing with then. Thank you all greatly for your help! Keith