Digital Dash

Booreatta

Does anybody know how many 82-85 Rivieras had the digital dash? it does not seem to real common I have a spare but it does not have the auto leveling. Dont even know if it works. It took a long time to have a friend find it for me. How common was it?

Need to have mine worked on but they want $200.00 and that is just not in the budget right now.

The "car is leveling" light is not part of the digital dash, it's one of the lights stacked on each side of the digital speedometer part. Other lamps in the same stacks are your turn signal indicators, volts, oil pressure, cruise, etc. Those are the same for both analog and digital dashes. If you're having problems with your leveling light, check the archives for solutions and ways to check them out.

Booreatta

I cant attach a pic something wrong with the system. are you part of the riv list on yahoo? I have pic to show you where the "car is leveling light" is this should let you know where it is located on all Riviera's with or without digital dash. most people disable the system and it is possible that yours is. Or i have found the relay on the convenience center under the dash goes bad. If your shocks have leaks the system will run with or without the car running and will cause the relay to blow. I am on the rivlist on yahoo or contact me though e mail buickrivieraman at gmail dot com

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an up date on my digital dash and the issues I have been having. After talking to several of you I took my car to a speedo shop here in Wichita Kansas and told him what the problems were, he looked at me and said" I know what is wrong with that." Leave the car and call me later today. I did that and when I called he told me the car is fixed. Wow it is fixed. He showed me the part and it is a short shaft with a black nylon gear at the end. He replaced the shaft and the gear and everything works like it should. I now have my cruise control back and the speedo and the odo works, and so do all of the lights for leveling etc. The check engine light is off and the car runs great. This guy is good.

Thanks for all of the help from you guys I think I finally went in the right direction and didnt cost a lot of money.

Thanks

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

• 4 weeks later...
Guest steveskyhawk

If anybody is looking for a digital dash (like Chucks) I have one for sale. Contact information is in my signature.

post-53748-143138548447_thumb.jpg