1912 Great Eagle

Guest muledeer

Guest muledeer

Will trade:

1912 Great Eagle 10 passenger limo. Car is in fair condition ,has been in a shed for several decades, no rubber , rims extremely rusty but good for patterns....engine is a six cylinder Rutenber ( 72 hp), body on car is mostly complete, interior rough, fenders are average , missing hood and bumpers, steering wheel,radiator looks ok but has several older solder repairs, lights are there but dented ....will trade for pre 1910 franklin in like condition.

Searched for it on Google, had never heard of the Great Eagle. Apparently the 10 passenger limo was built for funeral service. They were very large automobiles....would love to see some pictures of this one....

Guest muledeer

I am unable to respond to all of the numerous e-mails about this auto, so I will give a general response in this forum: I do not wish to sell outright , I am only reluctantly offering it for trade as a last ditch effort to obtain my passion, ..... an air cooled pre 1910 Franklin. The model I have is the mortician's limo , (unlike the shorter hearse), it was used to transport the grieving family. If you have an unrestored pre 1910 Franklin in mostly complete unrestored condition and are willing to work out a trade please let me know.....Germann2@hotmail.com

Thank you.

There was a 1912'ish Great Eagle touring car that was part of Barney Pollard's collection in Detroit. It ended up in California where it was for sale many years ago. Very impressive, large 6 cylinder T-head car with the build quality of a Simplex. I don't know what ever happened to this car but I am sure it is around somewhere.

That's a very tough specific trade situation. There's an early Franklin project for sale now in these very forums. My advice would be to put a deposit on that project, then advertise the Great Eagle for the same asking price of the Franklin, that's probably the only way to make such a trade.....good luck....