1939 chevy shift fork boot

Looking for a clutch fork dust boot for my 1939 chevy master deluxe sport sedan. I have searched every where with no luck ! I don't even know what it looks like ? Does anyone have a picture, drawing, dimensions or any information on this piece ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thankyousign.gif

Edited by pkr (see edit history)

I might have a new one. It's in my truck that i am going to clean out this weekend. If it's the one i think it is it fit's 39 to 48.I'll have it Monday and let you know.

John Hanson

John: I stand corrected ! It's called a clutch fork dust boot. I hope were talking about the same thing.

Thanks once again

Paul.

Thanks guys ! I'll check with Jim carter and hope he has one of these rare Pieces ? In the mean time, still looking for a 39 chevy ( CLUTCH FORK DUST BOOT ) :confused:

No luck at J.C.

Edited by pkr (see edit history)

Thanks guys ! I'll check with Jim carter and hope he has one of these rare Pieces ? In the mean time, still looking for a 39 chevy ( CLUTCH FORK DUST BOOT ) :confused:

No luck at J.C.

Hello, I found a new cover it is the one that goes into the bell housing on the arm that goes to the release bearing, has spring clip to hold it in about 2 1/2 to 3 inch long and 2 inch wide I can put a pic up if needed to see it . leather I think most GM were the same jeff

Hello, I dont know if bell housings are the same but my 41 is 1 3/4 long and 21/2 wide. the left is my old one the middle is the new one for my car and the right is ? it is a bit bigger than mine. If yours is same as my old one and you dont have the spring clip I would sell it and I dont think it would be hard to have a leather place sew a boot on to it or do it your self. But if the right one will work or modifi it I will sell it also Jeff

I'm not sure as to what they look like because mine is missing. According to the filling station parts book it says it fits from 25-53. As to the size of the hole in the bell housing I'm not sure on that either because the car isn't here. If these are for a 41 I think they would fit a 39 ? The picture on the right looks like the one shown in the parts book. It's all a guess for now ?

Thanks Paul

Jeff: I'll be going to the repair shop where my car is next week and I'll measure the hole in the bell housing. I will get back to you when I get the measurements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case this might help also, I have a leather cover that I believe is for 1939 Chev column shift lever cover. It is sewn leather with sort of a holster shape. It has a hole approximately 3/8 inch about were the trigger would go( if it really were a holster) and two sewn in wires ( 4 ends) for binding it in place at the hammer end. This is either NOS or NORS with some staining. $15 shipping to 48 included. Joe