41 plymouth running boards?

Povertycove

I am in the process of buying a 41 Plymouth spec. del. coupe. It doesn't have running boards, but has just a small lip (a few inches wide) below the door. The front of the lip has a rubber covering, or step. I've seen other '41 coupes like this, so I reckon its a factory design, but most '41s have small running boards. Can anyone confirm that this small "lip" is factory original?

I am in the process of buying a 41 Plymouth spec. del. coupe. It doesn't have running boards, but has just a small lip (a few inches wide) below the door. The front of the lip has a rubber covering, or step. I've seen other '41 coupes like this, so I reckon its a factory design, but most '41s have small running boards. Can anyone confirm that this small "lip" is factory original?

Yes, the lip is original. You could order with or without running boards.

Gee, thanks you guys. I try to help out when I can. I struggled for years to find information and parts for my 1st 1931 Dodge and all I ever saw were Fords and Chevrolets at the swap meets. I made a vow to myself that I would help out the next guy to make it easier than it was for me. Sometimes I get it wrong and I will certainly admit it. I LOVE to learn. Sometimes I will get it right and will stick to my guns until blue in the face. The hobby is not just about our own cars, for me. It's about lending a hand and comparing notes with other enthusiasts. I would love to meet each and every one of you in the hopes that I could gain some of your knowledge.

John