What to do w/ iron 2bbl 322 intakes?

brad54

Okay, so here's the problem: I've got three, count 'em, three cast iron 2bbl intake manifolds for 322 engines. One is a '54 264, two are '56 322s. I've already got a 4bbl carb and intake, and I'm searching for a non-offy 3x2 for the 322 I'm building. What do I do with the old ones?! I hate to scrap them, but they're too big to be book ends.<BR>I told my six year old he could earn some money if he strips the stuff off them (carb, etc), and lugs them into my truck and out of the truck at the recycling center, and I'll match what they give him. He hauled in a pair of iron drums from the garbage so he could get the quarter (gotta love the go-gettum attitude of a six year old!)<BR>Anyone need one before they get scrapped?<BR>-Brad

Ha! I took my 364 2b intake and air-cleaner to a swap meet last weekend. I tried to sell both together for $5, and guess what? someone bought the air cleaner but I couldn't get them to take the intake... for FREE! Oh well, I can't get myself to toss it so it'll probably just go under the work-bench untill the next owners of my house discover it and wonder what it is.

Brad, since I don't remember whether the 2-bbl intake has the sheetmetal plate on the bottom like the 4-bbl for the '56 does, please take a look and let me know, that is a major problem with the 4bbl, and if the 2bbl has it too, let me know condition, I'm thinking it doesn't but it's been a couple of years since I had the intake off mine, Thanks, Roberta