Longevity

Doug Harness

Guest Kitskaboodle

Of all the vehicles I have ever owned, nothing has been more reliable than

my Toyota mini-pickup with the 22RE engine. Me personally I have 267k on

my 94 and going strong. (havent even replaced the water pump yet)

I know you're thinking, "isolated case", "pure luck", "extra-ordinary maintenence and service", etc.... And....I would be inclined to agree with you

except that I have talked to many Toyota mini-truck owners over the years and many report that they have over 250K, 350K, 400K, etc. miles

I even have a friend with an 84 that has 500K on his and he is on the original clutch! (but, he did have a head gasket failure which was fixed)

I know I'm bragging here but I'm just darn proud of that Toyota! :)

Kit

In college (and a few years after), I had a 1981 Toyota Celica with the 22R. Car was trouble-free for 185,000 miles (and I drove it like I stole it).

Of all the vehicles I have ever owned, nothing has been more reliable than

my Toyota mini-pickup with the 22RE engine. Me personally I have 267k on

my 94 and going strong. (havent even replaced the water pump yet)

I know you're thinking, "isolated case", "pure luck", "extra-ordinary maintenence and service", etc.... And....I would be inclined to agree with you

except that I have talked to many Toyota mini-truck owners over the years and many report that they have over 250K, 350K, 400K, etc. miles

I even have a friend with an 84 that has 500K on his and he is on the original clutch! (but, he did have a head gasket failure which was fixed)

I know I'm bragging here but I'm just darn proud of that Toyota! :)

Kit

My old 2005 Hyundai is pushing 200K and still has the orig brakes pads. Only maint was oil, timing belt and spark plugs. Still runs very well. If it were not for parking lot dings it wouldnt look bad either. It was an ugly car when new and it will go to the big junk yard in the sky still ugly.

In college (and a few years after), I had a 1981 Toyota Celica with the 22R. Car was trouble-free for 185,000 miles (and I drove it like I stole it).

As an owner of silver coupes, I think your silver convertible is beautiful. It's the first one I've ever seen.