1939 Dodge D13

Guest 51Special

Guest 51Special

Hi all;

New to the Dodge forum here as my other cars are Buicks and Chev (sorry)

I am going to receive my 1939 Dodge D13 Sedan in a couple of weeks after the snow melts and have started looking for a few things.

Hoping one of you experts can help me

I'd like to know whether the headlights and headlight doors are correct. Obviously the wouldn't normally be in silver paint.

Also, are the fender top signals correct?

I don't seem to be able to find this set up in any online images, although the D13 sedan seems to be a little harder to find.

Thanks for any help

post-57327-143138472622_thumb.jpg

Guest Backyardmechanic

Dough,

Think you are right on the headlights,and belive these are a seal beam convertion kit.

As for the lights on finder Yes these are collect to the car.

Vern

Yeah, nearchochlatetown is right, the D13 had the square looking Plymouth headlights. The ones on your car look like sealed beam conversions. The fender lamps are different then the US version, but I don't know what the Plymouth fender lamps look like. The attached info is from The Dodge Story

Nice looking car and probably not too many around!

Bill

post-38189-143138472655_thumb.jpg

post-38189-14313847266_thumb.jpg

Guest 51Special

Thanks, I guess I'll know for sure once I get the car home and pop off the head light lenses.

Does anyone have a good source for replacement chrome pieces? Just want to price them out as compared to replating

Thanks, I guess I'll know for sure once I get the car home and pop off the head light lenses.

Does anyone have a good source for replacement chrome pieces? Just want to price them out as compared to replating

Look on ebay right now. There are bezels (#290542085898) and lenses (#380321281307) on there.

Guest 51Special

Ouch, OK. Any idea where I find those? I was hoping from the bug eyed frog look of the sealed beam replacements, maybe the original swapper just left the old ones behind them....I guess not likely eh?

I won't get the car home here for another coule of weeks so I can't really be sure.

I am bidding on the chrome trims and lenses on ebay right now but I haven't seem the reflectors.