1934 KH-31 Military Dodge parts needed.

David DeWeese

I will be selling a low mileage '34 Dodge based firetruck in similar condition but very complete. Same chassis but I am not sure about the wheelbase. Original fenders, splash aprons, running boards, headlights, doors, most trim pieces. Grille shell has been cut at bottom for front pump. No glass, no top insert, no upholstery. Last driven in about 1985. Good Ohio title.

My truck would make a good parts truck for yours or yours would make a good parts truck for mine. I have too many projects ahead of this one and am afraid I will never get to it. It is stored inside in my barn but will have to be moved soon. I am asking $2500 for it with the American LaFrance body but would consider less for just the chassis. It is not the original firetruck body for this truck. My truck has always been a firetruck but I bought a different body for it (from a '34 Ford firetruck) back in the '80s.

If you are at all interested in my truck please contact me. Location is everything as I do not own trailers big enough to transport it. I am in north central Ohio. You do not say in your ad where you are located. It is important for these larger items.

Thank you

Fred Long

post-58352-143138469422_thumb.jpg

This is the best picture I have found of this style of truck. This is the exact cab, grille, and fenders that are on my firetruck. I apologise to the owner of this truck as I have forgotten where I found this picture on the internet and cannot give proper credit.

Thanks Fred and Richie for the replies.

Forgot to mention that I am in Plano, Texas, just north of Dallas.

Fred, your truck sounds like a very good deal, but would hate to strip it down for my parts needs. A pair of loose doors would really get me on my way.....

This is the second one of these I've owned. In fact the present owner of my first truck, now in Holland, had posted questions about it on this forum several years ago. Here's a photo of it.

Thanks, David

post-73983-143138469891_thumb.jpg

Edited by David DeWeese (see edit history)

Guest Richie09

David, just co-insidently I saw an old movie last night that had a dump truck of your vintage in action, showing a lot of the dump bed mechanics during an extended chase scene where the controls, small diameter driveshaft and dump bed gear box were being operated. Did not look like a Dodge but the bed sure looked a lot like yours. Good quality in the film itself for detail...Paul Muni "Chaingang" 1932 Richie

Thanks Richie,

The dump bed on the truck is made by "Gar" Wood Industries. I found that Garfield Wood was a speed boat racer in the 1930's who invented and patented a hydraulic hoist for dump beds and the like.

Found a parts truck in Montana that may solve my problem, hopefully.

Thanks, David

post-73983-143138473348_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Have found a pair of doors, fenders, headlights, running boards and a correct T-6 engine for the truck since my last post.

Am still in need of a pair of window bezels for the doors, outer door handles and a left window regulator if anyone has spares. Also could use a pair of the Dodge Brothers hood emblems.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks, David

post-73983-143139281242_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hi,

It's been a while since I have posted here, and wanted to update the status of my truck restoration. I have completed the rolling chassis and drivetrain of the truck. It being a military truck, I have been posting progress on this site: http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=272388

Next week the cab and front sheet metal get taken to be sand blasted, and the work on them begins, but am still in need of a source for all the items I listed in the above post: both door window garnish moldings, outer door handles, and a pair of the Dodge Brothers hood side emblems would be a great start.

If anyone has any of these parts they wish to sell, please let me know. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank You, David DeWeese

972-979-6629