tc's rear brakes

shelbyone

hi again!...time to replace the brake pads on my 89 tc...read a lot about bleeding the system on this forum...but still, its a little unclear to me..where and how do I hook up my very funny looking brake bleeder kit? there should be an outlet on the rear brake assembly, right? or do I hook up the bleeder set to the master cylinder??

help! is greatly appreciated!

Do NOT use a reverse (1 man) brake bleeder kit on the rear brakes!!! Just connect a hose to the bleeder fittings on the calipers and put it in a jar to collect brake fluid, under the level of a small amount of brake fluid you put in the jar to start with. You should use a second person to work the brake pedal (the master cyl is electronically operated by the pedal rather than with a push rod) while the ignition switch is on but engine not running. No fluid flows to the rear unless the pedal is pushed while the ign switch is on. Make sure you don't run the reservoir out of brake fluid.

Guest My TC Toy

If you're replacing the rear pads, make sure you adjust the pads using the small allan screw located below the plug in each caliper. Check rear disc brakes section in your service manual.

• 1 year later...
Guest Isaac Hugo
i bled the rears on my 89 the same way i bled any system, never had any problem. i had to replace the calipers on mine

Ok, so what is the brake bleeding pattern that you used successfully?