1923 transmission lock key

mrspeedyt

I have also been trying to find someone to make a transmission lock key for my 23-4-35. I sent a Email to Yale Lock Company, with the lock number K1604, but I never received a reply. I had a locksmith look at it but he didn't want to work on it. I will be following this post to see if anyone can help.

If you are in Ventura let me know, I live in Oak View just south of Ojai.

Email darrylkerry@sbcglobal.net

I have a key for my 1923-6 Roadster Convertible, but it doesn't seem to work. When we put the key in, it won't turn completely and then it won't retract. We have to take the lock out of the dash and take it apart to remove it. It is either the wrong key or the key or lock mechanism is worn. We have a local locksmith who is an older gentleman, who thinks he can fix the problem if we bring in the lock and key. I'll let you know whether he is successful or not. My son wanted to throw away the key because he was tired of pulling the lock out, but I didn't let him - I put it away somewhere, where a kid or someone looking at the car would not be able to try to use the key. Now I have to look and find it.