1946 Buick Super Convertible...how many left?

Guest 46Super

Guest 46Super

My wife and I inherited a beautiful 1946 Buick Super Convertible. My father in-law restored this car over the past 25 years until his passing this past November. I am aware that less than 6,000 of these were produced. So...just curious as to how many are left today. Is there a data base of some type? If not, I would start one if other owners are interested. Oh...no interest in selling, driving this is like falling in love all over again!

The Buick CLub of America ( BCA) has a database of cars owned by club members. Assuming your model number is 56C, there's two listed in the 2008 Roster. The same document shows there were 5,931 of these cars built, and another 56 of them built and exported. I'd note that the Club is ready to publish a 2011 Roster, which will contain updated information but the Roster is in no way definitive. There are undoubtedly many more of these cars in existance and their owners just are not members of the Buick Club of America. Regardless of how many are in existance your's is still a rare breed and we'd love to see some pictures of it in the Me and My Buick part of this forum database. Welcome to our group and please consider joining the BCA . You'd find a lot of fans here with that car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest MACREH

Hey guys .....I got a 1946 Buick Roadmaster Convertible Model 76CX over here in "Sunny" England...... will post some photo's later

Steve