Small bits for Series 65 Roadster

Narve N

Hello,

wondering whether anyone had samples of the wingnut/wingbolt combo used on these cars to secure the top to the windshield stanchions, that I could borrow to make new castings of? Also looking for the wingbolt locking the windshield to the stanchion a bit further down.

In return I can offer fresh castings of the top to stanchion brackets themselves (#70998? + unknown) and the bracket securing the rearmounted spare (placed under the rumble seat, #92074), as I had too many made by mistake of these. See photo:

DSC00243.jpg

Another question, referring the recent discussion about 1929 options: Is the Series 65 supposed to have so called Top Rest Saddles as trial fitted here, or only Top Rest Strips? I cannot find the saddles pictured on any original cars and believe it might be only used for later cars:

CR1101P1305196.jpg

Guest martylum

Narve-I see you've had some front bow to windshield post brackets cast up. the wingnut and bolt which screw into these is 5/16-F threaded and Verdone Castings can make you a set in stainless-they used my originals to make the casting pattern. The Chrysler Model 65-66 and the 29-30 Desoto used the same brackets and wingnut-bolts.

As far as the bowrest brackets which attach to the 2 outer slats on the rear deck-I made my duplicates from a borrowed original. If your slats have keyholes in the 2 outer slats, then these bowrest brackets could have been an option. My drawings made of this bracket shows a part #33456-I can't find in the Chrysler or Desoto book so not at all certain this is correct original but it does fit the slats nicely and the loop or slot gives you an excellent way to tie down the top frame to keep it from bouncing on the deck slats. There is a footman loop on the inside of the roadster top which gave the other attaching end for the leather strap. These brackets do not show up on the accessory list in the parts book so their originality is in question.

Marty lum

Marty, thanks for the good advice (as always). I have tried to reach the Verdones by e-mail, but it appears the e-mail address I've got is incorrect (worked in 2009). Anyone having a working phone-no or e-mail address?

Your comment on the saddles is also appreciated, although not neccessarily entirely original using them makes sense for practicality.

For Steve29, here is a full body picture. A few more years and it should be all done. If you look closely, there is a Series 75 Roadster body stacked up against the wall behind the orange Series 65.

CR1101AP1305193.jpg

then I can focus more on this, which I have been dealing with since 1977:

CR1101P1305202.jpg

Guest 1929model75

If you dont have any luck with your parts we are coming up on show season now but next winter Id be willing to try to reproduce them

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...