65 Riviera Rocker Moulding Installition

Guest Robert_Henry

Guest Robert_Henry

Can anyone tell me how or has a diagram on how to install the ribber rocker moulding? Are they only installed with screws or do they have some kind of clips?

Thanks,

Bob Henry

With the exception of the longest piece mounted below the door, everything is held in place with screws. The long piece is held in place with screws and clips (look like stamped fender washers) as seen in the picture. There is a lip on the back of the long piece that rests on these clips. I believe CARS has them available (Part Number MC-99).

Hope this helps. - Ron

post-55565-143138428775_thumb.jpg

Guest Robert_Henry

Ron,

Thank you for the information. I was wondering if you have the distances from the bottom for the door and the spacing between each clip. Sorry to be a PITA just don't want to drill to many holes the car.

Thanks again,

Bob

Sorry Bob...I do not know the spacing or distance. I haven't mounted my trim yet. Should be easy to figure out if you have the trim pieces in hand.

Dick Sweeney or others may weigh in. I wouldn't be surprised if Dick has documented the exact locations of the clips. The picture I provided was of one of Dick's vehicles that I took a photo of when I was in California a couple of years ago.

Good Luck!

There is a guy on the V8Buick board that reproduces these things and has the proper screws but if you're not going for full on show quality the CARS units are probably fine. They are the same parts used to hold simular mouldings onto A-body GS's, just more of them.

Tape a heavy paper template on the backside of the moulding with the hardware secured in the slot, marked where the screwholes are.. Dry mount the panels w/ template attached, keeping the trim in place. Use green auto body tape on the body for reference points. Remove the template from the back of the the trim and reposition the paper on the rocker panel according to the reference tape.. drill where you made the holes in the paper. Steve