Packard

Landman

West is right. That angled chrome badge was used from 1942-1947. I was basing my id on the taillight bezels, which didn't have such a heavy horizontal divide before 1948. I suspect this car is wearing 1948/49 taillights, as the dividing line should not be so visible from this distance.

That's what had me confused. I have seen that script on clippers but the tailights shouldn't have a dividing bar. Isn't the rear of the body the same on Clippers & Bathtubs? :)

I think the 1942-1977 bezel had a VERY fine horizontal bar, whereas the 1948 (22nd series) bezel had a horizontal bar almost as thick as the upper and lower rims.

I believe the rear clip is almost identical between the Clippers and the 1948-1950 cars (22nd and 23rd series). I just checked the Kanter parts site and they show a single trunk lid fitting all Clipper/Bathtub bodied cars from 1942-1950.

Dontcha just love the trivia that old car guys can keep in their heads? We know all about slight differences in years of cars, and at a glance can tell you how the previous and next year were different. We probably remember what we paid for every old car we ever bought.

But I bet half of us don't know every birthdate in our family........ I know I get confused on them, but by gosh, I know that the mid-30's Auburn used a speedometer cable that was wound in a different direction than all other cars, and I know the correct method of adding oil to a 1934 Pierce Arrow fan hub...........