Adjusting front windowd on a 1940 Buyick 61C?

Guest Csteve300

Guest Csteve300

I need help adjusting the passenger front window glass on my 1940 Buick 61C. I have the Shop Manual but cannot find out how to adjust. TYhe problem is a window that tilts out too far(away from the body). The door appears to be properly adjusted but I need to adjust glass so that it fits against the convertible top side weatherstrip . any help would be appreciated. Although I am 61 years old and have been working on cars foir a long time I am not familiar with this procedirf. I was able to figgure how to adjust the height of the rear door glass for a better fit though!

Isn't there a threaded adjustment at the bottom of the vent window post/front window glass run channel? I'm not familiar with the '40, but on most newer years there is a fixed nut or welded washer on the threaded adjustment (looks like a small "all-threads") that juts out perpendicular from the bottom of the vent window post, and you take a vise-grips and turn the "all-threads" in or out to change the angle of the vent window post. You can adjust it in or out. You have to take off the upholstered door panel, of course, to find it. It usually attaches to the inner door about 6-8 inches above the bottom of the door.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Guest Csteve300

Pete, the vent window is OK, I need to adjust window glass. I have a 4 door convertible(phaeton) that does not have a frame around it. the top pf the glass is angled out too far.

Guest Csteve300

So far I have been able to make adjustments by remnoving the top trim plate. I guess I wpi;d need to get a clip tool to remove the handles and door panel to acess thes screw?

Guest Grant Magrath

A sharp screwdriver or awl can get the clips. It makes it easier if you have a tool for it, but not absolutely neccessary. I've never used one. As for the adjustment, Ben is correct.

Cheers

Grant