solid gold air filter?

Guest nickdaytona

Guest nickdaytona

Ebay auction just ended on a '63-65 dual quad air filter , in nice shape, and it went for $738 ! WOW !!

I'm planning to sell mine ( which is painted black ) but now I'm thinking I'll strip it down to chrome so it will be correct and bring more.

For some reason , even though it looks correct on my #'s matching car, it's a LT block so I either have the only dual quad 401 ever produced or someone did a real nice job with the transplant .

Ultimately I'm looking to replace my existing twin quad setup with a correct single (complete-not cobbled together) 4 barrel & intake and use the extra money towards wheels, tires etc.

Just not sure whether to sell the air filter separately from the intake/ carbs or as a whole complete set.

$738 ? Wow........

Yea the seller did pretty good on that one. That particular air cleaner was uncommon due to the hole in the snorkel for CA closed PCV system which undoubtedly drove the price up a bit because the chrome sure wasn't very nice.

The rubber hose on the chrome breather that was included appeared to me to be incorrect for the 2x4 air cleaner. Although I've never seen a 2x4 CA setup, I didn't see any way that hose could connect to the snorkel.

Jason is correct regarding the rarity of the air cleaner housing. This air cleaner housing is necessary for someone correctly restoring an original California car....or anyone tired of smelling blowby while driving a typical original. This setup also requires the Cailifornia only driver`s side valve cover and breather. The hose is correct...and harder to find than the breather!

Tom Mooney