1950 1951 1952 rear bumper question

KdFwagen

Thank you all for your thoughts on this. I guess the verdict is still out on this question, huh? I'm wondering if because the parts book was made in 1950 if that's why it only says fits 1950?

Hmm.

The car is stored for now and I am collecting NOS parts for it. I found a rear seat (thanks Buick Farm) and several NOS GM approved accessory items too. I have spoken to a Buick guy regarding a mechanical restoration first. I pretty much decided to get her professionally running/stopping reliably first so as I can enjoy it for a couple of years. That means new wiring harness too as I dont want to have any problems. After that, we will see.

Thanks for all everyones help and direction. I'm really finding out how the Buick Club crowd are a great bunch of folks!

progoofoff,

OK, that sounds very specific. I guess that's the answer then. Thank you for looking that up for me. Reason I asked was because a 52 bumper guard pair was up for sale and I need them for my car. As with most 1950 rear guards, mine are pretty rotted on the bottom as well.

Bob, ok thanks very much.

This makes sense now as I purchased an NOS front one (in the box) marked 1950 and found another NOS set (in the box)with front and rear fender guards. The front and rear set was was marked 1951-1952. Are there any copies or reproductions of the 1950 accessory book? Been looking for that.

Bob, ok thanks very much.

This makes sense now as I purchased an NOS front one (in the box) marked 1950 and found another NOS set (in the box)with front and rear fender guards. The front and rear set was was marked 1951-1952. Are there any copies or reproductions of the 1950 accessory book? Been looking for that.