1934 buick front brake cables wanted

Guest mclbuick2002

Guest mclbuick2002

Merry Christmas Mark,

The 1931 -50 series is a different wheelbase than the 1934 and the brake cables are a different part number so I am sure the 1931 cables would not fit.

Thanks anyway,

Stan

If not in a hurry keep an eye on ebay - they turn up from time to time.

CARS INC used to re-manufacture them ( I bought some for my 1934 40 Series a few years ago ) so they would be worth contacting

WWW.BUICK-PARTS.COM

should find them.

Try this vendor - these are 40 Series but I have seen him advertise 50 Series in the past.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1934-35-Buick-Brake-Cable-NORS-449-/170321837891?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27a7f8ff43

Edited by 50jetback
Add info (see edit history)

If you have the originals with the ends and it's just the cables that are worn/broken then I believe you can have the ends fitted with new cable. I had it done years ago here in Australia but I couldn't offer you a source for cable in the USA.

I'm sure there would be a lot of industrial suppliers that stock cable the same dimension it will be finding the company that can affix the ends that may prove tricky.

Maybe ask a reputable classic car restoration shop that deal with vintage car restorations all the time.