1949 dodge woody wagon

Hi, does it roll and steer? Would it roll onto a flatbed trailer? I'm also guessing that alot of the wood fell off it it when you moved it, can I get every piece of wood, right down to the splinters so I could use them as a form?

Which article? Making a ton of money is not my purpose (enough to take the wife to a nice dinner is great). I am just sick of seeing American automotive history being spent overseas. In my job as a UPS driver( see photo number 2) I would see a lot of history going into the scrap yards at the port of Albany, NY. I would tell the scrappers I pay more then the scrap yards, but they never called. So I decided to start looking for and buying automotive history myself. I really hope this gets a good home, heck even if it is rodded or parted to save another car.

The old tin dealer is saving automotive history !!

Edited by OLDTINPUSHER
ERROR (see edit history)

Which article? Making a ton of money is not my purpose (enough to take the wife to a nice dinner is great). I am just sick of seeing American automotive history being spent overseas. In my job as a UPS driver( see photo number 2) I would see a lot of history going into the scrap yards at the port of Albany, NY. I would tell the scrappers I pay more then the scrap yards, but they never called. So I decided to start looking for and buying automotive history myself. I really hope this gets a good home, heck even if it is rodded or parted to save another car.

The old tin dealer is saving automotive history !!

This is the second thread you started on the subject. In the first thread I posted a reply in which I told you I had seen an article in Hemmings or Antique Automobile about a guy in California who had restored two of this model in recent years. I'm fairly sure it was Hemmings. If it was Antique Automobile West,our editor or somebody else would have chimed in by now. Anyway, if you can search through recent Hemmings for articles about 48-51 Dodge truck woodies it would be helpful to you. Does anybody else remember the article?

I agree about the junkyards. I'm from NY (live in Colorado now) but I remember walking through the junkyards when i was a teenager, rows and rows of fastback mustangs, suicide door lincolns, gto judges, convertible falcons. Ieven saw a pink 50's cadillac convertible with pink leather interior. All the cars were placed together by make and model, in row after row after row.. :(

Then while i was away at college, scrap metal companies came to the junkyards with their mobile car crushers and smashed them all. There are still a few cars here and there that they couln't get to, down in ravines and deep in the woods on the outskirts of the junkyards, and some half buried ones too.

• 3 months later...
Guest charlesfurman

I am the guy in California who has two of these. The article was in Vintage Truck magazine. If their was one somewhere else, I didn't see it.

I have done a tremendous amount of research on truck chassis woodies over the years and I probably know as much about them as anyone.

I would be happy to help in any way I can.

By the way, this truck's wood body was built by J. T. Cantrell and Sons.

Good luck

Charles Furman