Identify this car 01_11_02

From: george.burgman@sympatico.ca <BR>To: peterg@aaca.org <BR>Date: 01/11/02 07:22:14 <BR>Subject: Identify my father's old car 1916 +/- <P>I am not a collector but I have only one question that I would like answered. I have a picture of my father sitting in a very old car about 1916 +/- and I would like to know the make, year and manufacturer.<P>George E. Burgman<BR>6288 Clare Crescent<BR>Niagara Falls, ON L2G 2E1<BR>CANADA<BR>george.burgman@sympatico.ca <P> burgman.jpg<p>[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: peterg ]

George:<P>It boggles my mind how a topic gets off the subject so quickly.<P>Getting back to your initial inquiry, could you scan and enhance the photo so we might help you?<P>Regards,<P>Peter J. wink.gif" border="0

I have a picture of my mother sitting behind the wheel of a very similar looking vehicle. From the date of the license plate, my picture was taken in 1913, possibly when my father was courting my mother. The shape of both the front and rear fenders on both photograps are identical as are other features, as best as I can see on the posted picture. Comparing both photographs, I belive that both vehicles are 1912 Overlands. <P>My fraternal grandmother had always talked about what a great car their Overland was, but I never knew the year of manufacture. And this was many years before I had an interest in antiques. My granny died in 1959.<P>I now have a 1914 Overland and it is a great touring car!

It is not an EMF. They only offered one model, anyway. It is hard to tell, but it may be a McLaughlin. Especially being from Canada. The script on the radiator just has "that look". Probably the model equivilent to the 1910 Model 17 (or 19) Buick. Just a semi-educated guess. Tough to tell with the fuzzy photo, though.

Chris ~ You may be on to something. From the beginning I thought the radiator shell and front fenders had a Buick line, but then the radiator badge wasn't Buick. The radiator filler neck appears to be round and that doesn't jibe with Overland.<P>Mclaughlin and the Canada connection makes sense. hvs

I figure the car is a 1911 model 21 Buick/McLaughlin. I believe some came with half doors on the front and some with full height. Everything else I see matches.