64 Riv Windshield Washer Nozzles

Glenn McMahon

Hi Everyone,

One of the chrome knobs where the windshield washer hoses connect to is missing the small jet piece that seems like it screws in and aims the spray on the windshield. Also to get at the wiper linkages and pump do you have to remove the whole cowl piece. Do the air intake grilles lift out after you undo the front three screws?

Regards,

Glenn

Hi Everyone,

One of the chrome knobs where the windshield washer hoses connect to is missing the small jet piece that seems like it screws in and aims the spray on the windshield. Also to get at the wiper linkages and pump do you have to remove the whole cowl piece. Do the air intake grilles lift out after you undo the front three screws?

Regards,

Glenn

Hi, Glenn!

You should get one of the little spray heads from a parts car.

To get to the wiper linkage you need to remove the whole cowl. Do not try to remove the air intake grills until you have the cowl piece off of the car.

After the cowl, the metal mesh screens also come off. Then you reach down through the openings to get at the linkages.

Hope this helps.

here are a few pictures of the cowl removed and the screw locations for the vents

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

these are all extra for me, so if you want this nozzle let me know your address and what a fair price would be, I can get it out of here this week.

IMAG0220.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Kevin

I believe the little jets come out if thats what you mean.

Regards

Glenn

So I can just twist them of like a bottle cap without removing the cowl & vents? Again, In don't want to break anything by trying to twist off the chrome windshield washer spray nozzles. That or have a connecting nut below the cowl fall off if twisting off the chrome spray nozzle.

Kevin

Only the little jet twists out I believe. The whole nozzle piece is held by a clip from underneath. Check shop manual it may show it or check other threads on same subject as I know there are lots of them.

Regards

Glenn

PS Let me know if you find any spare clips for trunk cardboard or 64 glove box book.