When to usr StaBil

charlie1

We have a 1999 Riviera that we keep in storage most of the winter on nice days we take it out and drive it about 100 or 200 miles and cap it off with Sunoco Ultra before returning it to the garage.

Sometimes it may sit a month or 6 weeks or it may sit 2 weeks.

Was wondering thoughts on when I should use fuel stabilizer?

We are still at 10% Ethanol in my area I believe.

Thanks

Fuel stablizer is a waste of money. I have stored cars for 8 months at a time and had no trouble with the gasoline. Infact I now have gas in a can that is two years old that I use in my riding lawn mower. You might want to use it your putting cheap cut rate gas. U can get the same result by putting in a bottle of heat.

If your storing your car indefinitely Use it. But...

I could see using it if I was going to store the car for years but that's all.

Or If I put cut rate gas in it. Tha's probaly why so many use it.\I can see gas going bad after ten years or so, but not over the winter. And It's your money anyway.

Guest Double M
My pre-catalyst car gets an ounce of CAM-32 on fillups also,

Now that is a waste of money. Where can you buy an ounce of Cam2?! Or are you measuring it out. Gas starts to loose octane quite quickly. So if you buy a gallon, it will not have that high octane rating by the time you use it up, one ounce at a time. I also really doubt that 1 ounce is going to do anything at all to a full tank.

I work for a high performance engine company.

World Products, LLC

I am the Marketing/Advertising Manager, Internet Director & Techincal Advisor. We make Blocks, Cylinder Heads, Manifolds and complete engines for both street and racing... and almost every day we get some guy asking if putting Cam2 in his street motor will increase his performance. The awnser is no. If your car does not have higher than an 11:1 compression ratio it is a waste. If it does have a high compression ratio like 12:1 or better, it wont run right on pump gas anyways.

I learned this the hard way by using Cam2 in one of my scooters and melted a $300 Aluminum piston... Doh!

I work for a high performance engine company.

World Products, LLC

I am the Marketing/Advertising Manager, Internet Director & Techincal Advisor. We make Blocks, Cylinder Heads, Manifolds and complete engines for both street and racing...

WOW! With the knowledge you should have of World Products, LLC as their Internet Director I would have thought that you would have noticed that they forgot to mention making high performance engine parts on their website. Engines are not even mentioned on the site anywhere that I can see.

Sorry and penalty of memory. It is CD2 not CAM2 and I add it to premium to get added valve lubrication, not octane improvement. Tetraethyl lead did two things: raise octane and lubricate the valves (and required valve rotation).

The engine is a slightly warmed 1970 400 cid with 10.25:1 compression.

Guest Double M