Highly modified Buick

Guest Hector

Here are some pictures from the only Buick powered Buick funny car on record.The car was on display today in Henderson,NC for their annual East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Show.Enjoy.

HendersonNC10007.jpg

HendersonNC10008.jpg

HendersonNC10009.jpg

HendersonNC10005.jpg

HendersonNC10006.jpg

I am intrigued by the body. As a fiberglass shell, that appears to be dead on 67 design. Things like the bead around the taillight, the gap between the bumpers, and other 67 sculpting appear so real. Hats off to the craftsman who made this. Kinda makes me wonder if something like this could be installed on a 67 frame and used as a driver?

But to be honest, I have never been into racing. I know it's stupid but when I hear an engine powering up on a dragster, I keep thinking about all those parts spinning at 5-8 K RPM ( or more) and I just can't imagine why they all don't blow up and out. Further I don't want to be the guy to find out what it's like to have all those parts in my face. I know, not logical since racing occurs safely every day, but just a phobia of mine I can't seem to get over.

I am glad to see the 430 sitting between the rails, and not some other manufacturers product. I'd also be interested to hear how it performs. But it's not really my thing either. My ultimate Buick is one that can keep up with the highway crowd and pamper the users the entire trip.

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)