request form ?

Guest Rattiac

Has anyone had any luck sending in the research request form ?

looking for more info on my 32 pontiac sedan. (possibly a canadian car)

Paint , ride control , ect..

Rattiack...Welcome to the AACA Forum.

Thousands over the years have had "good luck" with AACA Library & Research Center automotive info request forms. Your L&RC retains an enormous amount of literature for research.

If you are a member of the AACA you receive 1 1/2 hours of free research time per year. If not the research fees are nominal and very well worth the fee.

Have you tried a research request to-date? If not you could contact our Librarian, Mr. Chris Ritter at 717-534-2082 direct or critter@aacalibrary.org

Regards,

Peter J.

Thanks for the welcome.

I was gonna send in a check with the request form , kinda wery about purchasing stuff over the internet. I didnt see an address to send it to. (unless I overlooked it)

Thanks for the welcome.

I was gonna send in a check with the request form , kinda wery about purchasing stuff over the internet. I didnt see an address to send it to. (unless I overlooked it)

Rattiac...

You do not have to send remuneration upfront. On this web site's home page you will see "Library" in the right column "below Forum". (click on "Library" then in the very top bar you will see "Request Form".) Fill in your questions with as much detail that you have available and your Library will respond via e-mail what research material may be available.

I copied the on-line instructions as follows:

Research Request Form

In order to identify your vehicle with certainty, please fill in the form below as completely as possible. We will search our collection and send you an e-mail containing a list of the available information and the applicable duplication fees. You may then decide which items to order. Research requests may take 4-6 weeks to process. Duplication requests are fulfilled via the US Postal Service only.

Because we are a nonprofit corporation, our archival information and research services must be self-supporting. The following schedule reflects our fees in time and materials to fulfill your request. Please note, the processing fee must accompany this request form and be in US Dollars. We accept: major credit cards, PayPal, and checks made payable to the AACA Library.

Keep us posted should you have any further questions. I have also sent our Librarian Mr. Chris Ritter a memo to better address your request.

Regards,

Peter J.

Rattiac (and other curious readers),

The process to request information form the library is really quite painless. Once you submit the form, I do the research and will send you an order list that you can use to request copies.

A typical request would be something like "What information do you have on a 1932 Pontiac?" I would reply with a list containing things like sales catalogs, wiring diagrams, paint chips, misc. pictures, and magazine articles. Copies are $0.30/page for B&W, and $0.50/page for color. We also offer digital scans for $1.00/page.

As Peter mentioned, AACA members receive 1.5 hours of free research every year. Non-members pay $30/hr. Everyone pays the $10 processing fee. If you are able to visit us in Hershey all on-site research is free, you just pay for the copies or scans.

While I can appreciate your nervousness about internet transactions, I can assure you that we are a very professional & efficient organization.

The address for the library is 501 West Governor Rd., Hershey, PA 17033. Visit our website at AACA Library.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Chris

• 3 months later...
Guest Rattiac

I sent in my form a while ago and they sent me back the info I needed to purchase , so I sent in a check with the info back to the library. I havent recieved anything in the mail yet . Its been 6 weeks and then some.

Dont worry Im not complaining just eagerly awaiting for the info on this cool old car.

Mabey something happend in the mail or such , X-mas and all.