71 Riv Ebay 220667974382

bob71GS

I would like to inform anyone that is considering bidding on the 71 Riv that is on Ebay # 220667974382 from a dealer in Fenton, MO ,to run away from this car.

A friend of mine asked me to look at it several weeks ago. At that time it was at a small dealer in Canton, OH and it was advertised as having 29,000 miles and the dealer wanted $8500. My inspection revealed that the frame on the left side starting at the rear axle and going to the door was completely rusted away on the inside and someone had sprayed insulating foam and then spray painted it black to cover it up. The rear wheel wells are also full of spray foam in an attempt to cover up the holes. When I was done, there was a giant pile of spray foam on the ground and the dealer in Canton, OH did not know what to say. Needless to say that is why it is now in Fenton, MO. It has also been hit in the rear. There are holes in the trunk floor that are bigger than pinnapples. The carpet has been repaced with some generic piece that does not fit. Also notice the phillips screws in the carpet on the door panels. 29,000 miles is more like 229,000. This is a poster car for buyer beware.

Bob Bonto #277 ROA

Technical Advisor 71-73

Hard to believe that seller has 100% feedback. The 3 sentence description which manages to omit any mention of the cars actual condition should be a tip off to buyers.

I happened to see another 71 for sale on ebay with 64k mi. The seller lowered the price from $75,000 to $54,000. :confused:I see some really comical ebay adds but this one ranks up there towards the top. Its entertaining

Jason,

I don't think the dealer in Fenton came here to inspect it. It looked good from 100 feet, but the inspection revealed otherwise.

You are 150% correct on the 71 where the guy wants $75K, he has had it listed since July with no bids, you would think that a brick wall needs to fall in on him and wake him up.

:confused:

Bob Bonto # 277 ROA

Technical Advisor 71-73