1940 Buick Super

Ovalrace25

I posted it on eBay for the guy next door.. The car is really a nice "driver". With the help of his wife, He has decided he has too many toys.... Since SHE LIKES the Buick, he decided to sell that car....

<O:p</O:p

Too bad!!! Anyway, it is a great car, with the big drawback of having wrong material used when it was re-upholstered.

<O:p</O:p

Only has a couple days left to go and needs to get up over 12 grand to make it happen. I am not sure if this will happen in today's economy.

Yes, That is the car.. Sure is purrty.. But I have too many cars on my side of the fence already... HATE to see this one go away. But the way the bidding looks today---- it may just stay with him for now.

Just heard him start up the race car.. he is getting the Camaro ready for running the Pinks-All-Out Show at Infineon

Just as a note, that is about $1000 more than I paid for my '41 in the spring of 2007. Now, I got what was considered a good deal, and my car's paint isn't as pretty, but putting that in perspective with what the economy has done since then and the location (great for folks in the area, but someone from a distance who really wants it may add in the cost of transportation and that could put it out of reach), the current bid may not be that far off from where it should be. Of course, a lot often happens within the last hour of bidding.

I'm not trying to detract from the car at all. I'm just trying to put another perspective on the market and where the price may realistically be in today's market.