35mm roll film

Guest dokks6t9

Guest dokks6t9

I have 3 rolls of 35mm b&w roll film announcing the new 1941 Plymouths. These rolls were put through a projector and you would turn a little knob when the sound portion qued you.It looks like you had to sit through this dog and pony show when you were contemplating the purchase of a new Plymouth at the dealership. Anyone have any clues as to what these films are, or the value?

We used to call those "filmstrips"; ones with educational topics were used often when I was in elementary school. Some of them came with a 33 rpm record that you were supposed to play for the narration, and there would be a "beep" on the record when the filmstrip was supposed to be advanced to the next frame.

I suspect these Plymouth ones were used to train the sales force at a dealership. No idea of the value, but probably would be wanted by a '41 Plymouth owner.

Pete Phillips

Sherman, TX

Guest dokks6t9
We used to call those "filmstrips"; ones with educational topics were used often when I was in elementary school. Some of them came with a 33 rpm record that you were supposed to play for the narration, and there would be a "beep" on the record when the filmstrip was supposed to be advanced to the next frame.

I suspect these Plymouth ones were used to train the sales force at a dealership. No idea of the value, but probably would be wanted by a '41 Plymouth owner.

Pete Phillips

Sherman, TX

Thanks Pete. I wasn't too concerned about the value, I just HAD to know what they were. Your suggestion as to what they were rang a bell!!! I do indeed remember those film strips, and the records with the beep. It made my heart tingle!! I couldn't remember the darn name for them.. Thanks ever so much...Loren

• 3 months later...