Worlds largest speeding fine...

Peter Gariepy

Sounds like some of the Whooper's I've heard at car shows. The other day a guy waited on me at a fast food place when I was driving my 35 Buick and shared that he had 3 Dusenberg's in his fathers barn plus three Model A Fords still in crates as sent from the factory to his grandfather.

I immediately volunteered to help him uncrate them. I know he'll call me soon to take me up on that offer, I've cleared my calendar to be ready.

There is an inverse side to this if you will bear with me. Apparently there is a very clever, inventive, and enterprising corporation here in Melbourne which has invented, manufacture, and supply or operate red light and speed cameras both here and America for a percentage of the loot. The more of these cameras you own the richer you get. But there is no point in using these devices where they make the roads safer: You must work them where they earn the maximum revenue regardless of road safety. The latest announcement of technological advance in this area is a car-mounted camera which is capable of six infringements per second!!!!

Now it has not happened yet, but there is unfortunately an inconvenient little hidden problem in Australian Commonwealth Law and the Constitution. No servant of government may "Act Judicially". (ie as a court). This is derived from items 20 and 39 of the Magna Carta of June 15, 1215. Important principles of Common Law are incorporated into our law through the Imperial Acts Application Act, and cannot be altered but by referendum majority of the sovereign subjects of the Commonwealth. If anyone is fined or have a judgement made against then by a court without a jury, that is a very serious offence of Perversion of Commonwealth Justice under s 43 of the Commonwealth Crimes Act (1914). If this jail term of five years is liquidated to a financial penalty at the going rate of $33,000 per year of imprisonment, (they would be very reluctant to jail a speed camera or its operator), the maximum rate at which a speed camera of the latest cleverest type could accrue penalty to itself would be 6x5x33,000, that is, $990,000 per second!!!! That would surely be much more profitable to our Victorian state government here than collecting the unconstitutional fines from the motorists!!!!

Now recently, I understand there has been a case in Louisiana of Redflex Holdings vs Jefferson Parish. Apparently Redflex had been giving 3.2% of their share of camera revenue to a former councillor, who subsequently split his share with to wife of a judge. Can anyone kindly direct the Community Law Resource Group to on-line public record of this case?

Ivan

Guest Max. M.

Arizona is now adjusting yellow light time, (illegally of course) to bring in more revenue.

<object width="640" height="505">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elSDltrz0fM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></object>