No brake lights

Guest Dallas Palmer

Guest Dallas Palmer

The brake lights on my 1963 LeSabre are not working. Here is what I have checked so far: all fuses OK; new switch installed on power booster and checked wiring for breaks. Could the connector for the switch be the culprit?:confused:

Pull the connector(s) from the switch and jumper together. Should light the brake lights. If not, check for 12V at the connector. If no 12V then back check the wiring through the firewall.

Another possibility is the turn signal switch. If the turn signals work (without messing with the switch), but the brake lights do not, the it sounds like wiring to and from the brake light switch. I have a 58 Buick and the turn signal switch is adjustable on the steering column. You may want to check if this is adjusted and anchored properly.

• 9 months later...
Guest InkedGhandi

I had the same problem. Only thing is that when I changed the fuses the brake lights and turn signals worked but since my battery keeps dying they refuse to work now. On the inside on the dash and the outside.

Got a really dumb question but I am gonna ask it anyway. Prior to the problem did anyone change a burnt bulb? I have known people to put a 1056 in place of an 1157, which causes problems as well as no brake lights. Just a thought.