Window cranks?

pint4

• 7 months later...
Guest prs519

The earliest car of my familys that I recall was a 54 New Yorker. It had this type flipper. However, I am inclined to believe that it was more towards the earlier years Keiser quoted that your handles belonged. It is an older style arm.

Perry in Idaho

"The earliest car of my familys that I recall was a 54 New Yorker. It had this type flipper. However, I am inclined to believe that it was more towards the earlier years Keiser quoted that your handles belonged. It is an older style arm.

Perry in Idaho "

Definetly not a older style arm or handle. Started in late 1949 in Chrysler models. I have never seen another automobile with these type window handles in their cars.

I guess I should clarify some possible questions about these handles and the Chrysler handles like them.

I have seen these "flippers" starting in 1940 with a nearly round tan or Brown plastic.

Then in 1941 they are similar but without the "stripe" in the handle.

1942 I believe the "plastic" was a darker Brown.

1946 they were changed to the "clear plastic" in the knob part. This continued until the early part of 1949 when Chrysler went to the metal, Chrome, as the ones pictured above on this thread show.

Then there was a difference in the Chrome metal handle as it changed from a one piece to a 2 piece in the Chrome knob.

Clear? :)

Pictures added and items can be for sale but not cheap!!

post-74853-143138509969_thumb.jpg

post-74853-143138509971_thumb.jpg

post-74853-143138509977_thumb.jpg

post-74853-143138509983_thumb.jpg