62 olds

Guest Rupe620

Guest Rupe620

Got this car running the other day,with a shot of gas to the carb,then it picked up the gas in the tank and kept Running much to my suprise,th last tag on this car is97,should I do somthing to that gas ,or drain ,or let it run ,whats the harm in old GAS?

hi, i would make sure there's a gas filter between the tank and fuel pump, might want to add a bottle or two of gas dryer. the harm is old gas can turn into something thicker, like varnish, if you smell it, does it smell like new gas ?, if it were me, and i have a car that hasn't run since 1988, i would drain the old gas, and put in all new gas.

Take the cap off the tank and take a whiff. If it smells like gas you are OK. If it smells like stinky old varnish STOP and clean out the tank, replace filters and clean out the whole system.This stuff can freeze up your motor so solid it would take a safe cracker 2 years to get it loose.

If you want to be safe disconnect the fuel line at the pump and hook up a motorboat gas tank to move the car around and get it running.