Rare Peerless at auction

Richard Lichtfel

Thanks for posting. Let us know what you paid for it! :)

Seriously that's quite a list and I would love to go but too short of notice. Will you be able to see this car and are you aware of the car previously?

I was at the auction and thought there were some great deals on some solid cars. The 31 Peerless was apart as restoration had been started on the car at one point. I believe the car sold for $11,500. If it was purchased by an internet buyer, then there was an additional 10% buyer's premium added and if they paid by credit card, add another 4% buyer's premium. I am attaching a photo of the car. Did the best I could in a dark building with no lights.

post-31850-143138273517_thumb.jpg

I couldn't make the auction. I had to rebuild my trailer door and get my 1909 Mason ready for the New London to New Brighton tour.

That's a good price for the Peerless, I've seen comparable Peerless selling between 4 and 7 thousand dollars. I hope the person that bought it is going to restore it and not rod it. I will try and get the name of the buyer from the auction company and maybe we can help him restore it. I was afraid that it would be sold cheap to some one that would rod it.

RHL

Guest Mark Desch

I purchased the 1931 Peerless last Saturday. I was at the auction and paid $11,000 plus 5% auction fee. I may restore some day. The car is going to Stillwater, MN.

Mark,

I am glad a restorer bought this car. I have known the last two owners and was happy to see Gene Wendt get this car knowing what great work he did.

Unfortunatley he fell on bad times.

The last two owners were members of our Peerless Motor Car Club and I would like to invite you to join. E mail me your address and I will send you an app.. peerless19@charter.net

I will be in Minn. Fri. and Sat. how far are you from the New London to Brighton run ??

Richard H. Lichtfeld

Mark,

Congratulations on getting this 1931 Peerless Custom Eight, and welcome to the Peerless Forum. The Custom was the top-of-the-line model in their last year. I think the seven pages about Peerless in The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942 say that this was the most elegantly-styled Peerless ever (the 1930 and 1931 straight-8's).

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Guest Mark Desch

Richard:

I am going to take my Cord to the St. Cloud car show this weekend, so will not make it over to New Brighten. Tom Rasmussen, who is restoring my '32 Stutz will be on the New London/New Brighten tour, probably driving a Franklin. He would like to visit with you.

My email address is markd@sas-mn.com.

• 1 year later...
Guest Mark Desch

Yes. This is the car. I spoke with Ron last year after I bought the car. I think he lost interest in the project and it was part of the auction that took place a year ago.

Mark Desch

• 2 weeks later...