1962 Invicta Craigslist

Guest wildcat62

I went to the link for more photos, and there is a '58 Olds, a '63 or '64 Riviera, and I think a 1960 Buick under a tarp, so I agree with Paul--you should go look! There might be other stuff that is just as interesting or more so! That's a well equipped Invicta with power steering & brakes, factory A/C, clock, and what looks like the search-tune radio. Have never seen a '62 with upholstery like that, but the inserts on the door panels match those on the seats, so I"m wondering if it is original or redone? Bruce Kile's '62 Electra has some pretty wild upholstery and door panel inserts (green), so I'm guessing that this may be some sort of trim option???? If this is original upholstery, the car is a low mileage car. GO LOOK AT IT!!!

Pete Phillips

1962 Electra 225 4-dr. ht.

and others...

Guest wildcat62

Paul, unless you can get Donna to drink from the Cauldron of Insanity, I don't think so...unless you are looking for another backyard decoration that I bought on a whim? :confused:

And Pete, you are NOT helping by encouraging me...:P

The interior is factory. I checked the 1962 Buick color brochure I have. This interior is called "Brigadoon". Other than just being fun to say, it was standard on the 4 dr Invicta hardtop.

I haven't seen Bruce's car, but from the catalog there is one shown similar that is called "Barbizon" for the 4 Dr hardtop on the Electra.

Almost as much fun to say as Brigadoooon!:D

Someone else come buy this car. Now.

I agree with Kris, he has 6 Buicks. He is doing his part. I think it's a driver. Too bad about the brake line. I mean thanks for being honest but now it needs trailered. Or you better live close by.

So, the upholstery is original, it runs and drives and the 401 is not smoking, has a cool little seen interior fabric, well equipped. If you fix the brake line, drive the old girl for a couple of years.

I've gotten rid of all my Buick Catalogs from the era. Note: Big mistake

But I remember some photos from 61-63 where Buick took great pains to show that scottish plaid type upholstery. usually, it was against a park back drop in the fall, sort of putting a potential buyer in a warm and fuzzy mood I guess.

Guest wildcat62
I agree with Kris, he has 6 Buicks. He is doing his part.

When did this happen? Nobody told me! I really ought to be consulted on these things ahead of time...

Guest wildcat62
Too late

:rolleyes:

:D

You need this car. It is practically in your back yard in the first place. It would look good with your other '62.

Whaddaya ya say Paul? I think this one is already Kris' car, right?

Hey! I don't have to take that kinda stuff from a Canuckistani like you! I'm in charge of dessert Monday night...be nice to me...:D

Actually, I spent the day working out the Wildcat. Had an issue with it last Saturday and it appears to be working ok now. I put on 100 miles (no where near Maplewood) today to make certain it's running ok.

However, if the craigslist posting is still up after Ames...I can't promise I may not take a peek at it on the way back home!;)