what springs and shocks are u running?

Guest 65riviera925

Guest 65riviera925

what springs and shocks are you running, performance or stock ? looking to redo my susp. on my 65 riviera .any body got advice thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

My 65 Riv is stock. The rear was sagged and shocks were shot. After carefully measuring all the suspension angles, ride height etc., I had a set of Bilstein gas shocks valved for the job and new springs made that are 84% stiffer than the originals. The critical factor is the shocks, most after market shocks simply cannot cope effectively with cars of this weight

The car now sits a little higher than it did, about 25ml, but looks right. The most important thing is that it now rides and handles (almost) like a modern car, no float, well controlled but comfortable. The only give away now is the over light steering. I am running 235x75 tires, this was closest to the original cross ply in the trunk.

Regards

John

My 65 Riv is stock. The rear was sagged and shocks were shot. After carefully measuring all the suspension angles, ride height etc., I had a set of Bilstein gas shocks valved for the job and new springs made that are 84% stiffer than the originals. The critical factor is the shocks, most after market shocks simply cannot cope effectively with cars of this weight

The car now sits a little higher than it did, about 25ml, but looks right. The most important thing is that it now rides and handles (almost) like a modern car, no float, well controlled but comfortable. The only give away now is the over light steering. I am running 235x75 tires, this was closest to the original cross ply in the trunk.

Regards

John

How much did said Bilsteins set you back and did the vendors for your spings and shocks keep the specs on file to duplicate them for others?