GRAMA'S 1952 HEMI

Phil 32DL6

I'm wandering over from the Dodge Brothers pages to offer up my grandmother's 1952 DeSoto which has been garaged since 1971. It has the V8 Fire Dome and Tip-Toe Hydraulic Shift transmission options. Here's the link:

DeSoto: eBay Motors (item 280530879533 end time Jul-16-10 10:30:46 PDT)

Some of you may get a kick out of seeing this pic of my 1932 Dodge giving her younger sister a push while my wife struggles with its non-power steering.

post-61720-143138246807_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This 1952 DeSoto is still for sale and I've lowered the price to $3,500. I'm hoping to find a DeSoto fan to restore it rather than someone who will strip it for parts. I've resisted several offers like that so far.

I'll be relisting it on eBay shortly with a Buy-It-Now price so if you are really interested please contact me ASAP at graphic.images@cox.net or 860.571.0280.

Heck, for the right person, I might even go a wee bit lower!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Hemi turned over today! A combo of PB Blaster, then 10W oil did the trick! I can easily spin the engine (with plugs out) using only a socket wrench on the generator pulley nut.

That in itself will certainly raise more interest from potential buyers, but I'd like to see if I can fire her up.

Anybody know what are the correct plugs (Autolite AR 82s were in there), rotor & cap for that motor?

Oh, and restorers...PM me if you're interested in it!

Edited by Phil 32DL6 (see edit history)