MY NEW CAR!!

melwel49

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->I am proud to announce that I have purchased a 1989 sapphire blue Reatta, 61000 miles, from the original owner in Phoenix!! I'm so proud I could pop!

This could not have fallen into place without the wonderful help of Mike Rukavina of Buick Reatta Parts. Mike volunteered to take a look at the car for me, and checked everything out. With his advice, I bought the car and lucky

for me, Mike was traveling back thru St. Louis, and brought the car back for me! He not only picked up the car with his trailer, but cleaned and waxed the car, put new stripping on the car, and had it looking like a car from the show

room floor!! IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so proud!!! She's a jewel, and her name

is "Miss Blue"...which came from the owners! I can't begin to thank Mike for

all he has done for me and Miss Blue...Mike you are a true gentleman....

AND I am proud to have all of you here that has offered help, information

and support! Thank you to everyone!

Hoping to here from some of the ladies on board, to compare notes, and all from St. Louis!

Best Regards,

Melody Caldwell

St. Louis, Mo<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Melody,

Glad to hear you got a good one. The search for the "right" Reatta can be time-consuming especially if you limit your color choices and geographic range. Took me 9 months, but I very much wanted a 1991 white over red with reasonable mileage and within a days drive, round trip. So, I set the bar high and had to wait until the car I wanted was available.

I am in St. Louis also (Kirkwood area) and am planning on going to the all Buick show the end of this month at the Museum of Transportation. The Gateway Chapter BCA is sponsoring it, though I am not sure if BCA membership is required to enter a car for show, or only for judging. You should try to make it, the more Reattae we have there the better!

KDirk

Hello Kevin and Bushwack! Thanks for the response! I will get pics in a couple of days to post! My next "job' is to get the car registered, and licensed. As Kevin knows, it's a pain in the neck! THEN, I'm anxious to drive her around and show off!!!

So, do most owners use their cars as everyday drivers, of course I'm sure the cars that are extremly nice are occasional drivers....I'd like to drive mine in the nice months, and then for winter sloppy driving revert back to my "other" car!

Melody congrats on your new car. I had a Sapphire blue Reatta and I sold it several years ago. When my wife and I were at a car show one time a very small child stopped at our car and looked at his dad and said, "look dad a boo car" the name stuck. It was a great car.

I would like to take this time to invite you to join the Buick Club of America and the Reatta division. We will be meeting at Ames Iowa for the BCA national meet the end of July 2010. Ames is not that far from St. Louis and there will be lots of Reattas at the meet. This is a chance to meet some of the people in the club and you will find out lots of stuff about your new ride.

I will be making a side trip to St. Louis to see family the week before the national as I still have family the lives in Wildwood which is just outside St. Louis.

The national next year will be in the Boston area and would be a harder trip.

You can join the BCA on line at buickclub.org and you will have to join the Reatta division via snail mail. You can also visit our website at Reatta.org

Again congrats on your new car, great car, great color you will really enjoy it.

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

316-655-1099