1937-1948 Buick Muffler

Jolly_John

Hi. I have several NORS mufflers for straight eight Buick available. These are replacement mufflers from years ago....what you would have purchased in the 1940's and 1950's, when walking into your friendly local auto parts store. These are Walker, Arvin, and other quality brands, and will sound very original (unlike the tin can reproductions being made these days).

These new mufflers are the factory replacement for 1937-1940 (all series), 1941-1942 (all series, except 90) and 1946-1948 (all series). I believe they also fit a few more years into the late 1940's and early 1950's, BUT my parts book stops at 1948. These mufflers are 2" in and 2" out, and have an overall (tip of inlet to tip of outlet) length of 41".

The price is $110 each, plus shipping. I do have one of these mufflers that is dented on the top, that is priced at $85. It will look and sound fine, when installed (the dent will be toward the floorboard, and not visible). I can deliver any of these mufflers free to the BCA national meet in Ames in July.

Thanks for looking. John in Wisconsin

post-31491-143138229767_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

John - it is the same general shape on '52s. I have a muffler for my car, but it is in poor shape. I'll try to measure what I have to be able to confirm. I guess the only missing dimension may be the outside diameter of the unit...that shouldn't really matter, but I'm thinking just in terms of a fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Joe. Sorry, but the dented straight 8 muffler has already been sold. I still have a good, undented one (never installed, of course) available. I'll email you, with the shipping costs to your location. Or, I'm happy to deliver free of charge to the upcoming BCA national meet in Ames, Iowa. John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jadjiggs

John,

I wilol be in Ames as well and would love to pick up one of the mufflers.

Jerry at 269-375-6444

Thanks,

Jerry

\