Roadmaster Chrome Door Lettering?

Guest gunjeep444

Guest gunjeep444

I saw on the new Danbury Mint model of the 56 Roadmaster that it has chrome lettering on the door that says Roadmaster. My full size 56 does not have that, should it? If so, where can I get it?

Guest Straight eight

On page 248 of 70 Years of Buick by George Dammann there is a photo of a 76C with Roadmaster script under the vent window. The car is owned by David Dieteman of Ft. Collins Col. Perhaps you could contact him for information.

Guest gunjeep444

I've seen some Roadmaster script for sale, but it usually says it is grill lettering. My grill does not have that gold lettering, so I think it must really be for the door?

The gold script you speak of is a 55 grill emblem, I believe. It is much larger than the Script found on the 56 Roadmaster door. I think I have one of those scripts around here someplace. But you can probably find at least a picture of one on Budd's 56 Site. I wonder if Wheatbelt Auto ( Ken Reeves) has one in stock?

It appears that only the Roadmasters had the script on the door.

Indeed they do-- unique to Roadmasters (as are a couple of other little garnish treatments -- bombsights near the headlamps, painted headlamp doors versus all chrome, the little garnish above each front wheel well, the trunk strips and trunk lifts, the rear "ROADMASTER" lettering on the trunk, etc).

Bad photo, but illustrates what is being discussed.

Budd

11.JPG

56road4door-7.jpg

1956_76C_rear3.JPG

1956_76C_oblique3.JPG

Edited by imported_Budd (see edit history)

Guest gunjeep444

Thanks Bob, I'll have to look around for that, wonder why mine is gone? Oh well.....not even any holes there.

Guest gunjeep444

Does anyone make the Roadmaster door lettering or do I have to track down some original? I looked in my CARS catalog, nothing there.

• 2 months later...