PA Thermostat

Steve Braverman

The 1928-33 Plymouth Master Parts List lists part number 391269 as the thermostat for the 30-U, PA and PB.

While I can give you modern equivalents for the thermostat used in 1933 (part number 612048) I don't have a cross reference for the earlier one. If you could get the number off the one in your spare head and/or get a modern match for it I would love to add it to my parts database at Plymouth Replacement Parts

• 6 years later...

I couldn't get my PA up to temp. Pulled the thermostat and replaced it with a modern one. Works fine now. Just matched thr overall OD. NO problem.

The original was a style I never saw. It was a cylinder shaped accordian. Like a bellows. I see them on ebay. I guess they work on air expanding to open the gate. Too fragile. The new ones can't be seen. 

Help------trying to find a thermo that will work       got one at NAPA     but hole is too small and even when it opens the block is hot and top rad hose is cooler       and it over heats--------the picture is the kind I think I need        it measures 2 3/10    on dial caliper     but will not go into my thermo housing       

SELL 74.JPG