53 Buick rear wheel wells

Guest mbjeep

Guest mbjeep

Greetings;

I am trying to restore the body of my 1953 Buick Special, 2door.

The area around both rear wheel wells is gone. Any tips or help on how to piece it all back together is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance, I am.

John Bach

Guest martylum

Hi John-I'm doing rust repair on a 53 Roadmaster conv't and had rust problems in this area found only after removing the 1/4 panels. The inner wells were not entirely gone but had holes at various spots with the worst being on the front edge at the rocker panel. If your situation is no worse than mine you can make 18 Gage metal sections and weld into the problem areas section by section. If your inner panels were entirely rotted way, you need to find a rustfree parts car or reconsider whether you want to fix this car.

Mine is a Skylark so fairly worthwhile to fix up.

Martin Lum

Guest mbjeep

Greetings;

I want to thank you guys for your response. I am not very computer literate and have no idea on how to post a picture.

However, where I am really stuck is the out side curvature around the rear wheel. I have the back end curve but not the front.

If someone could please give me the measurement on the amount of car body left showing and not covered by the chrome trim, I would then have a reference point and I could make the proper bend and build from there. It looks about 2 inches.

As you may suspect, there may seem to be a little bit of confusion on my end. Nothing new. Been like that all my life.

Thanking you again

John Bach