Has anybody replace the rubber seals on the edge of the rear 1/4 windows

I have and it is a bear of a job. You can order the part from your dealer. sliding that back in the groove may be the hard part, use some soap and water or it may just slide in . One side went very easy, the other was harder. Good luck.

Guest u571

Im trying to replace the lower outer 1/4 window wipes which is proving to be a major PIA!The factory service manual is of course no help. It seems you must first remove the seatbelt trim cover plate.As if removing the two hidden horizontally mounted nuts isnt enough of a challenge(cant wait to put them back on) there is a hard to see centrally located bolt that is almost impossible to get at.Assuming its 8mm,I dont have a straight wrench long enough to touch it and an offset wont work.I cant seem to find smaller metric longer wrenches locally:mad::confused::( HELP... as far as rubber parts etc. go,they are expensive but I got a new porthole window from Marty for $50 less than a used one from another company and that may be one of the last ones out there

Guest vicsik1969

Not sure if you're replacing them because of air leak but when mine were howling, I simply slid a wood dowel temporarily under the rubber and added heat with a hair dryer to reshape it so that it touched the front glass and wasn't compressed.

Guest u571

Finally after several hours and the invention of some new swear words I was able to remove the left and right trim covers that the seat belt exits from. without removing these covers there is no way you can get to those two corroded screws that hold the rubber seals on. If anyone is interested let me know and I can save you hours of head scratching and frustration.

I am also in process of replacing the seats with beautiful leather Audi tt seats which required me to fabricate rear bracket assemblys.Ive got the passenger seat in.Cant wait to do the driver seat and take her for a spirited drive on some curvy roads.

I dont mean to offend the purists out there as I respect you, but I plan to redo all the things I dislike about this car and will have some good parts available in the near future.;)